Welcome to the Doing English ‘Daily Newsletter’.
I (Julian) used to have a blog. I don’t anymore. Instead I send emails. It’s kind of a newsletter. Kind of a blog. I’m going to call it a ‘blogletter’ (I just made that word up).
I try to write one email every day.
If you’re finding learning English difficult, sign up.
Maybe I can help.
I don’t want to waste your time.
And I don’t want you to waste my time.
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
About the Doing English Newsletter
Doing English is delivered by video and email.
(Some emails are pre-written, automated emails. A lot are not.)
Both are free.
On this page you can get my emails.
The ‘Doing English’ newsletter is ONLY for serious English learners. People who REALLY want to get good at English. People who are prepared to do the work.
They are not for lazy people.
I really hope these emails help you. I have spent a lot of time researching English learners, and working out how best to help them. 1000s of people have filled in my survey, and I have interviewed many, many people.
Everything I’ve learned from them is in these emails. They will teach you how to learn English effectively, and become a confident English learner.
(Although of course this is all my opinion. Everyone is different, after all. You need to pick what works for you and ignore what doesn’t. Again, this is not for lazy people.)
My emails are 100% free. I share most of my advise for free.
But some of the lessons/ courses etc. I recommend are NOT free.
This is because these are the best. I choose by QUALITY, not by cost.
Some lessons I make money from (normally 25~50% of what you pay… not much, I know). Some I make no money from. But money is not why I select lessons. Again, I select what I think is best.
I care about quality and effectiveness.
… don’t want to buy them? That’s fine. But don’t complain because something is not free. Because I don’t care.
What you get
So we are clear, here is what you get:
- Daily emails which show you how to learn English.
- Tips and advise for learning English.
- A lot of motivational stuff.
- Recommendations for lessons, courses and materials that work.
- I will answer your short questions, if I have time.
- I welcome your replies. One of my goals is to make many contacts all over the world. Maybe I can help you with something (other than English). Maybe you can help me with something. Let me know =)
- The chance to take my courses or lessons. I ONLY accept students who 1) join my email list 2) actually read my emails.
What you don’t get
Also so we are clear, here is what you don’t get:
- Skype calls (I just don’t have time.)
- Answers to long, complicated questions. My rule is simple: if a question takes longer than 1 min to answer, you have to buy a counseling session (again, I just don’t have time.)
What I get
And again, just so we are clear, here is what I get:
- I make some money if you buy a course I recommend. I use this for fund my PhD and research.
- I want to build a list of contacts and potential research participants. (This is most important!)
If that is OK with you, then please, join the Doing English newsletter:
I hope it’s useful!
Here’s what some of my readers have said:
“Thank you Julian, you are the best teacher in the world, with your clear voice, beautiful accent and very useful videos, maybe people rebuilt their confidence about learning, so did I. You really saved my enthusiasm for English~I couldn’t grateful you more !”―Violet
“You’ve been doing a very amazing job, I love your videos, they have made me explore more about the English uses and getting more fluency!
Thank you, Julian!!!”
Best Regards,― Diêgo Rodrigues, from Brazil!
“Thank you teacher Julian you’ve inspired me and give a massive moral to be succeed in English.”―azizcruz
“Your emails are always welcome and useful. Actually, I don’t have so much time to reply to all your interesting inputs. But I want to try, sometimes.”―Daniele Fiorucci
“You are doing great job. I think you are one of the best teachers for English learners on YouTube channel. The best thing that I found about your videos and emails is your research work. You scrutinize every area where English learners can face problem and then try to address it in most concise and effective manner. Kudos and keep up the good job …. !!!”
Thanks & Regards,―Nancy